Ok, this one is so stupidly simple it’s embarrassing. Taps get dull for two reasons:
- Soap, which pretty much washes off with water and a very gentle rub and
To get rid of limescale all you need is citric acid and a little bit of patience. No nasty scrubbing required here at all – in fact, the last thing you want to do to shiny metal is scrub it.
- Get the spray bottle of citric acid you prepared earlier.
- Aim at the tap
- Pull the trigger a couple of times
- Retire for a cup of tea (this is a fairly common step in my cleaning routine!)
- Wipe off with a damp cloth
Ta da – sparkling taps