So, you have you’re citric acid, bicarbonate of soda, soda crystals and your spray bottles ready – you just need to know what to do (don’t worry if you haven’t, click here and you can find it all).
This could not be simpler
Citric acid for toilet cleaning
I use an old fabric softener bottle as it’s a good size and has a measure top.
- Put the kettle on.
- Put between two tablespoons and half a cup of citric acid into a mug. (It really doesn’t matter how much as you can just use more of less of the diluted product as needed).
- Add boiling water and stir.
- Part fill the bottle you’re using with cold water before adding in the dissolved citric acid (or the bottle will melt).
- Top up with cold water.
- Use remainder of kettle water for a cup of tea – you’ve worked enough.
That’s it, you’re done and ready to clean the toilet whenever you feel like it.
Citric Acid for anything else
Repeat steps 1 – 6 above but put into a spray bottle and you can probably use a weaker solution.
Soda Crystals for degreasing
- Add two large spoons of soda crystals to a spray bottle.
- Top up with water
- Give it a shake.
Bicarbonate of Soda
You can dilute this into a spray bottle too but in all honesty, I simply use this as it comes in powder form.